CULTURAL ENCOUNTERS BLOG REFLECTION
On your Cultural Encounters blog, make a new post and complete the following reflection. Be sure to use complete sentences and write in paragraphs.
1. What was one thing you learned from the simulations we played in class? How did this help you understand the essential questions better? I got to kind of experience how people lived back then- always moving to different places because they had to. Sometimes, the King wanted land and there were a lot of diseases going on, there was also a drought so we had to move next to a river and join other groups or families. I can't believe it was so hard living, even NOW!
2. Reading was a part of Cultural Encounters. When you read the books you were asked to think about your reading. What did you learn about your reading while doing this? I learned that tailors were not very rich but medium. They sowed clothes for everyone back then.
3. Did the journal entries help you to better understand your character? Why or why not? Explain in detail.
It really did. It's like a whole diary from the beginning of the journey to the New world till they settle there. On every single journal entry, it tell's you to write about a topic like when they encountered the Indians and then you really dig deep into that. After all those journal entries were connected and edited, It looked like a colonist had wrote it. I got a 4.5 out of a 5 for my score so I'm pretty happy and I learned a lot about what the colonist's encountered.
4. What was the best part of your presentation? How could it have been improved? Everyone was cooperating in the presentation and it was like a play so that was fun. We could have cooperated more and we should have been louder but other than that it was really good.
5. What was the biggest learning you gained from this unit? Explain with details.
I learned that working together was the biggest learning I gained because without every single person- you can't make nation or something way smaller like a group. If everyone cooperates we will alway's succeed.